I'm sitting on my backyard deck chair outside. I'm sipping an iced coffee. The sun is embracing me. I've spent the day hungover and lazy, downloading music, reading blogs and such. It is satisfying. My dog lies lazily next to me.
Sadly, today is my last day of Spring Break. I am thinking it would be a good idea to summarize Winter Quarter, this wonderful Spring Break, and my upcoming Spring Quarter...via bullet-point, of course.
- 17 units: 2 Chinese classes, 2 Comparative Literature classes
- Which lead to an insane amount of all-nighters
- Hundreds of pages read
- And about 40 pages worth of essays were written
- But in the end I made it out with 2 A's, a B, and I'm still waiting for another grade to be released (I'm a bit worried as to why I haven't received my grade yet)
- And I was high almost every night
- A good balance of work, productivity, and partying
- Bowls, bongs, blunts...joints, pipe, glass
- OG Kush, Jackpot, Shiva Skunk, GDP...
- Grey Goose, Stoli...
- Cigarettes, general sin, I'm-twenty-and-don't-care
- Really, just getting uber fucked up
- ~45 hours of work, San Francisco, love
- Smoking a Nat Sherman in a hidden corner behind the Ferry Building by myself, overlooking the ocean, the Bay Bridge, sun, solace, peace pax pace...
- Summer internship searching
- Deadmau5, Kaskade, Matt Alber, Gabriel & Dresden, etc.
- B.o.B. ft. Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You
- Ghetto Superstar <3
- I love my friends. I repeat- I love my friends.
- Again, 2 Chinese classes, 2 Comparative Literature classes
- One of which is a class on Shakespeare. This makes me want to spray my pants.
- This quarter, I will figure out what I will be doing this summer. Whether that means summer school or interning/working in SF or going to China...I have no clue.
- All I know is that I'm turning 21 in a little over two weeks. You know it's going to be insane.
- A visit to an undergraduate advisor is very necessary.
- As is a visit to my Comp. Lit. advisor -- I plan on writing a sick senior thesis, but this may require negotiating.
I was uber fucked up last night. Like so fucked up...high to cross-faded to drunk. That was such a fucked up night. I actually yacked and that happens infrequently with me. So you know I was straight fucked up. Let me reiterate once again- I WAS FUCKED UP. Thanks for that, friends. Happy birthday Chris Lau.
The Electronic Music Festival in Miami. It sounds incredible. I would love to go this. Miami is where it's at.
Another random note: I was telling a friend the other day how one of my life goals is to attend a rave outside of America. What comes to mind is Europe of course. They have always known what is up in the house/electronic/techno/trance scene. Those crazy Europeans. I also have this image in my mind of attending a rave in the Netherlands, or Norway. I just feel like it'd be crazy.
But most of all, I would love to go to one in Brazil. The idea is incredible. This music video consistently blows my mind.
Everyone and their moms in the UC system is studying abroad, I swear. Perhaps I will too. Unquestionably, I choose Latin America as my destination - Brazil in particular. UC Davis doesn't have a wide selection of Latin America study abroad options, unfortunately. Although they do have a Cuba program, which is amazing. Other than that, there is also Argentina and Chile, both of which are appealing as well.
Well, this post just turned into a clusterfuck of things that have been on my mind lately. You bitch, May!
It's 4:20 pm.
I'm impossibly lazy today. It is Sunday, after all. The thought of returning to school tomorrow and returning to Davis tonight kills. Luckily I love Spring Quarter.
My brain isn't ready to shut down quite yet but I need to go to Costco to buy cat food. Cat owners constantly have to buy cat food. Cats love cat food, and I love cats. So....